Lantern & WrenContact@lanternandwren.com29527 Kearney RidgeBoerne, TX 78015USA
and how we protect your privacy. We won’t let you down!
Essential information we collect
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in. We do that in order to:
● remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
● monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
● let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
● remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
● control that your data is processed securely.
Order information you expressly provide
If you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process your order and ship the merchandise you selected, we need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing address. We also use your contact and order information to send you communication related to the processing of your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment.
If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may have provided partial information, such as your email. In that case, we might send you an email to remind you about your interest. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out. Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending you these communications right away.
If you have completed a purchase, we will send you an email to ask you to review the product you bought. We want to be sure that whether you love your purchase or have a complaint, you can share your opinion with other customers.
Other uses of personal data
We do not sell or rent your data, ever. We understand the importance of keeping personal data secure and safe and only share limited personal data with companies we need to in order to maintain our business. We ship through UPS, FedEx, and USPS, and so we share your shipping information with them only to complete the shipment of your order. We may share data with Facebook using our pixel for advertising purposes, or if we sell our business (no plans to, though!). Google analytics may receive some of your data for demographics and marketing purposes.
MailChimp will maintain your email address on our email list if you have signed up for our periodic emails. You can unsubscribe at any time. You may receive an order update through MailChimp (such as shipped, tracking, etc.) as well.
How do we process your information?
Lantern & Wren is physically located in the state of Texas in the USA, and we use an external provider to run our store, BigCommerce. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
● Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), but we want to use accredited companies to process your credit card information. We currently only use PayPal.
● Shipping: We integrate with a number of shipping companies to fulfill your orders -- UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Partnering with highly specialized external companies allows us to focus on what we do best: selling great products. We will share your shipping address and possibly your phone number and/or email address with our shipping partners only for the purpose of shipping your package and providing you with tracking information.
How can you control your personal data?
If you are one of our customers who is in the EU, and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honored to enforce without undue delay: Access, Correct, Erasure, Port, Object. If you cannot exercise your choice on your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be more than happy to help.
● You have the right to revoke your permissions at any time except where it is legal for Lantern & Wren to keep them for the processing of our business requirements by law.
● You have the right to access to your personal data within normal business hours via electronic format.
● You have the right to withdraw from any mailing list or social media outlet at any time.
● You have the right to complain to your local data protection agency about the information we keep that is outside of what is required by law.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it.
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
Many. We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable legal obligations. and what is deemed fair use in our business within the parameters of the law (7 years for tax purposes).
Who can you reach out to for privacy matters? For the purposes of data protection you can contact our Data Privacy Leader at:Carleigh Pearcecontact@lanternandwren.com29527 Kearney RidgeBoerne, TX 78015
Do you need to lodge a complaint?
If you have any privacy complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with our supervisory authority.
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGING MARKETING PROGRAM
We respect your privacy. We will only use information you provide through the
Program to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary.
This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers,
phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile
messages. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR
OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR
CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO
ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, We reserve the right at all times to disclose
any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental
request, to avoid liability, or to protect Our rights or property. When you complete
forms online or otherwise provide Us information in connection with the Program,
you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to
use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If,
in Our sole discretion, We believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate,
or incomplete, or you have opted into the Program for an ulterior purpose, We
may refuse you access to the Program and pursue any appropriate legal
remedies. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of the Program that are
California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the
information you provide through the Program to third parties for their direct
marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the address above.